Pages

Monday 19 November 2018

Why I wasn't here on Athletics and What I heard about Athletics

Why I wasn't here on Athletics day -

I didn't go on Athletics day because I was getting sick and we had family meeting and practice for Christmas, the first thing we did was go to a family meeting out South (South Auckland) to talk about practice for a dance (Cook Island). In the meeting the adults mainly talked while the kids sat there waiting for it to finish, I personally thought that it was boring because the things they said weren't interesting to me.

After all the talking was done the girls and boys got split so they didn't get distracted and because the girls and boys both have separate dances, the boys went off to go practice drumming and their dance and the girls went to go practice theirs. Me and my sisters went with the girls but we didn't dance because I don't know we just got told to come watch so me and my sisters sat down and watched them practice.

After a while of watching the girls dance some of our aunties told us to come help with the food so me and my sisters went and prepared food before the dances were finished, some of the food that we cooked were banana poke which is coconut cream and banana, mianese which is a pink potato salad with egg and more. I liked cooking and doing the food because it was fun to make huge plants and bowls of food. When the dancers and drummers were done they came out to eat before going to practice again, I enjoyed this part because I enjoyed eating all the good food there and after we all ate everyone went back to practicing. After a while I got bored and went for a walk around the halls and went and watched the boys dance but then I got bored again and went to go eat before walking around again, when I was walking around I got lost because its a big place but luckily my sister found me and we went back to go eat some more then we went back to the girls practicing.

When it was over it was around 9pm and the practice originally started at 10am so about 12 hours of practicing, the thing I enjoyed the most watching everyone dance and eating.

PHOTOS -

Mianese -
Image result for mianese cook island

Banana Poke -
Image result for cook island banana poke

DANCE -
Related image

Image result for cook island dance

What I heard about Athletics day -
I heard a lot of things about Athletics day some of the things I heard was that it was really fun, some of my friends came first and that Benghazi won for this year and when I heard that I was so happy because that is my house and of course im gonna be happy because now we have bragging rights.

The thing I think I would have enjoyed the most was running with my friends and seeing everyone run but also watching my team win as well because who doesn't wanna win Athletics.

PHOTOS -




No comments:

Post a Comment