Pages

Friday 9 November 2018

Maths Reflection

WALT - add, subtract and finish decimal problems.

In the middle block we have been working on maths, this terms maths is mainly focused around decimals and how to solve them. This morning maths we were finishing off the worksheet we had been given from our teachers, these worksheets have a lot of decimal questions ranging from adding and subtracting to word problems etc.

Here is a few questions I had done.
1 - 5 one + 4 tenths = 4 ones + 14 tenths.

4 ones + 14 tenths is the same as 5 ones and 4 tenths because 10 tenths are the same as one whole or 1, so 4 ones + 14 tenths = 5 ones and 4 tenths.

 3.6 
- 2.4 =
1.2

So the reason the answer is 1.2 is because starting from the right side .6 - .4 = .2 and moving over to the whole numbers and go 3 - 2 = 1 then add 1 + .2 = 1.2 giving us our answer.

Something I enjoyed about today's maths is that I got to do it with my friends and we were all focused and we all wanted to succeed in our maths today. One of the things I found challenging about today's maths was that I found one of the questions a bit hard and it was the first question I gave you guys, I didn't understand it until it got properly explained.

What is 4.5 - 12.3?

PHOTOS - 
Image result for maths

Image result for maths



No comments:

Post a Comment