Pages

Friday 9 November 2018

Banding pest in New Zealand (My response on someones Opinion on banding pest)

WALT - give our response and have a voice with someone's opinion on banding pest.

Today throughout the first block we have been learning about pest and how they affect us with the very lovely Ms Treena, in this conversation there was a lot of debate with an opinion  by a person named Nature watch, their opinion was "Animals that are called 'pests' should be treated with more respect.

In the conversations there were a lot of disagreeing and agreeing but what I found was that even though people were agreeing with each other people's opinions were still different to the person who thought or agreed with them. Some peoples disagreed because they thought that pest didn't deserve to be in New Zealand, some were stuck in the middle and slightly disagreed saying that they want every animal to be shown respect but they are attacking our natural wildlife and some people completely agreed saying things like every animal deserves respect and they shouldn't be wiped out.

My opinion was in the middle because I do feel as that everything and everyone deserve respect but these animals are killing our native animals. 
My opinion - "I slightly disagree with you because I do believe everything and everyone deserves respect, but you do have to keep in mind that these "pests" are killing a lot of New Zealand's native animals and remember when these native animals are gone you can't exactly get them back. I understand that you want all animals to be shown respect as do I but these animals haven't been showing OUR native animals respect at all and if you personally think that cats eating our native birds is respect then i'm going to have to disagree with you. I do think everything and everyone deserves respect but you do have to keep in mind that New Zealand's wildlife can ONLY be found in New Zealand and if these considered "pests" continue to get shown respect then we are more likely to see our wildlife and environment die out and then New Zealand wont be the amazing and unique place it is."

 Something I found enjoying or fun about this is that I felt really entitled to my opinion like I really felt like I had a voice in a serious topic because these is a big dis cation in New Zealand right now. Something I found challenging about writing this is that because I did agree with them but I also disagreed with them and it was a bit hard to put that in a nice way,  my next steps are going to be writing and giving my opinion in other things not only in this topic.

PESTS IN NEW ZEALAND -
Image result for pest in new zealand
Image result for pest in new zealand


NATIVE NEW ZEALAND ANIMALS -
Image result for native animals
Image result for native animals

No comments:

Post a Comment