Pages

Tuesday 24 July 2018

Maths Reflection

WALT: using class equipment and materials to improve on our basic facts and etc.

This afternoon we have been doing our normal Maths lesson, in this Maths lesson we got to play a wide variety of different Maths games most of them using games.

The game we played involved your normal house playing cards, what we did was took out all the face cards or royal cards (Jack, Queen and King)  and left all the numbered cards. After sorting out all the cards we started to play our game the game we played can be used with addition, multiplication, division.
To play this you need numbered cards or paper.
You need at least 2 people or more.
Paper and pencil if you need it to work out any problem (optional)
What you want to do first is make sure your players know what they are doing and then you pick the Maths you would like to do so say you want to do addition and then make sure your players know that they are doing addition, next you flip over 2 or more cards and they have to add it up until someone gets the answer. The person with the most cards win.

Something I really enjoyed was that you had to think really fast and say the answer extremely fast otherwise you would lose and sometimes people would say words and not numbers or they got confused and said something else and I thought that this was really funny and I also found playing with my friends was really really fun and enjoyed as well.
Something I found challenging this afternoon is that you have to really fast and one of my friends that I versed is extremely good at her times tables so I had to be extra fast and make sure I got the correct answer otherwise I would lose, but in the end I still won.

So I would like to improve on some of my multiplication and my divisions and things like that because I think I should work on them a lot more because I feel like I should know all of them by know, so that means my next steps will to start practicing a lot more at home and make sure im  really practicing and get someone at home to test me on my multiplication.

Do you have any Maths goals?

Photos -  

Image result for maths

No comments:

Post a Comment