Pages

Monday 15 October 2018

First Blog Post For Term 4

WALT: write a blog post about our school holidays.


Good Morning or Afternoon to whoever may be reading this, as some of you might know it is the beginning of Term 4 which is the last term before the long school holidays, which is the holiday that leads up to Christmas. In this blog post I will be telling and describing to you the most interesting/fun things I did in the holidays.

Something I really enjoyed and found fun about the holidays was going to a big family reunion on my dads side, I thought it was really fun and interesting because there was a lot of dancing, laughing, jokes and a LOT of food, but it did take a very long time to end even when we left it wasn't finished.
The things I liked the most about the family reunion was that there was a lot of cultural food and dancing. 


Another thing that I enjoyed was actually watching a documentary, even though documentaries are usually boring this one was actually to me very interesting. This documentary was based on a man named George and a Lady  named Joy and the film was based in 1966 in Africa. George was a hunter and Joy was someone who walked around the bush and dry lands of Africa, George and Joy became really close and soon married each other. One day George went hunting for a female lion that had killed a person and someone cattle. He found the female lion and shot it but only when he had shot it did he realize that the female had cubs.

They searched for the cubs and they found 3 of them.  Joy and George offered to raise them but they could only take 1 so they talk a female who they named Elsa. As they raised Elsa they had plans of releasing her to the wild where she could run free, but Elsa didn't know how to fend and look after herself so George and Joy started finding was so Elsa could defend and hunt for herself. Some of these ways were putting dead carcases on the back of there truck and driving away so she could chase and run after them, after a small amount of time she knew how to be a wild lion and she was released, I am not sure what else has happened because I haven't finished watching it. 

I think the things I am most looking forward to this term is all the fun and exciting things we will be doing this term, some of those things are going to MOTAT, visiting Te Tuhi again and a lot more other things throughout the term. I'm not sure which will be my favourite because there is a lot more to come and I don't know if those days will be good or bad but right now I think it going to be MOTAT I just hope i'm with one or two of my friends so we can spend it together.



IMAGES -

JOY -
Image result for Born Free joy

GEORGE -
Image result for born free george adamson

ELSA -
Image result for born free elsa


MOTAT -
Image result for motat auckland




No comments:

Post a Comment