Pages

Monday 2 May 2016

My holiday - Term 2 Day 1

On My Holiday, I went to a fun celebration it was for my Dads sisters, When our culture celebrates we have the girls dancing and The boys and the other men and boys beat the drums. My culture is Cook Island on my Dads side and my pride it Aitutaki, When we arrived at the hall you called hear the drums and loud voices me and my sister gave a nervous look because we haven't seen most of my Dads family in a long time. My sister walks in and I am following behind her and than a loud blast of music me and my sister couldn't even hear ourselves talking. After a few minutes my Aunt walked in and they had huge smiles on there faces when they walked in we gave them a huge and we gave a huge to her kids she has 4 kids, after a while the other aunt walks in and didn't see us but she had a 3 year old son that loved to drum and dance.
When the talking was done we had some food there was a lot of food there was poke and donuts and crab and It was yummy, when we finished all the food more talking happened and than we say our cousins come out with the drums and that's when we knew that there was dance and drum going to happen than the host said that It was time for The drums,The girls came out and danced slow and than bam faster and faster.
The boys came out and danced with the girls and than the whole family came out and danced with them and it was so funny!!! We stayed for hours 5:35pm to 11:11pm



POKE -                                                                       The drums!!
Image result for cook island banana pokeImage result for cook island drums


The girls dance!!
                                                  The boys dance!!

Image result for cook island boys danceImage result for cook island boys dance















No comments:

Post a Comment